"How To Shop" Instructions:
To shop: Click on the blue button and the list will download to your computer.
The links on this page have photos and descriptions of all the items, with a minimum price listed for each. You can “shop” through the photos to see what you might want and what it might cost. The list includes a variety of gift cards and everything from guided fishing trips to gas powered weed eaters and carved wooden animals from Malawi.
How to Buy:
In the past we’ve had a silent auction as the primary fundraiser for the Malawi Mission Trip. The proceeds are for ministry supply needs for the mission and ongoing ministry expenses for Abundant Life Center such as monthly compensation for the 20 Abundant Life staff members which totals $1,250 per month.
The COVID pandemic means our usual auction is not an option, so this year it’s the Malawi Mission Market. The items donated for the auction will, instead be put up for sale. There’s no mission trip this year, so all the proceeds will go straight to the ministry.
- On Sunday, Sept.27, from 1:00 till 3:00 pm, you will have the opportunity to drive your car through the “market”” in the parking lot.
- Each car will enter by the north entrance (by the Culebra Meat Market), drive through the Malawi Mission Market, see the items in-person, and make your purchases.
- There will be no competitive bidding, but simply first-come-first-served purchases. So arriving early is to your advantage.
- Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card (+3% fee).
Do keep in mind that this is a fundraiser for Abundant Life Ministries, not a place to shop for bargains. Paying more than the minimum price means the ministry gets more, and what you pay above the minimum is tax deductible.
Any items not sold on September 27th will be made available with the minimum set at half price (with the exception of gift cards) the following Sunday.
However, please keep in mind the following:
- If you don't get the item(s) you want on day one, they might be sold to someone else;
- This is a fundraiser for Abundant Life Ministries in Malawi, not a bargain basement store;
- Tax deduction applies only to any amount paid over the original (day one) minimum price.
We look forward to seeing you on September 27th!